Manager Supply Planning
This position is responsible for inventory levels and service to Armada clients. This includes insuring proper replenishment to achieve required customer in stock rates while managing levels and costs to the lowest level possible. This position will lead and manage the supply planning activity and staff while working with other key internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee the design and execution of departmental buy strategies (i.e. product launches, product phases, promotions, improved efficiencies, etc)
- Oversee the management and projection of inventory levels across clients, product categories, and warehouses
- Achieve and maintain high in stock rates in accordance with client requirements and perform root cause analysis in developing corrective action plans
- Collaborate with warehouses, transportation, client support to assure supply and create efficiencies
- Perform analytics from multiple data sources of to support decision making and generate reporting
- Manage, lead, and develop a team of supply planners who are able to independently deliver positive results
- Lead and/or participate in functional and organizational projects to drive innovation and continuous improvement
- Cultivate internal and external relationships that drive collaborative results. Partners include but are not limited to clients, suppliers, client solution group, engineering, IT, and finance
- Assess, develop, and implement technology requirements needed to support current or proposed business
- Develop and manage to relevant KPI's to support and measure the business
- Assist team with all supplier interactions including but not limited to production timing, delivery schedules, credit processing, item/master data setup, and price changes
Assist team with all inventory transactions including but not limited to safety stock strategies, inventory obsolescence, proper inventory rotation, expiration product, liquidation product, inventory accuracy, and the tracking and maintenance of phase and obsolete items
- Assist team in the development and maintenance of Supply Planning related SOPs
- Travel as needed to participate in projects, initiatives, and relationship building activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Supply Planners
Education and experience requirement
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics, or relevant discipline
- 2-4 Experience with inventory management
- 2-4 Experience with an advanced planning system (i.e. JDA, Manugistics, Demand Solutions, Logility)
- 2-4 Years of managerial and/or proven team leading experience
- 2-4 Years of supply chain industry or relevant experience
- Proficient Microsoft office suite and/or other systems to support high level data mining and analytic activity
- Access, SQL, COGNOS, or miscellaneous systems experience to assist in high analytic activity
- APICS certification
- JD Edwards experience
- Experience in inventory planning for redistribution
Language and technical skills requirement:
- Understanding of inventory management terms and concepts
- Understanding of general logistics terms and concepts
- Experience and understanding of ERP systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel; Access preferred
- Excellent communication skills including listening, written, oral and group presentation
- Self directed/motivated with track record of making decisions and taking calculated risks
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is usually performed in an office environment with normal noise levels. Involves prolonged sitting and computer usage.
- Business travel will be on an as needed basis; expectation is less than 10%.
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required. Its contents imply no contractual obligation and may be changed by the company at any time.