Coordinator, Corporate Regional Sales
Welcome to Hapag-Lloyd, a leading global logistics company. We are a team of nearly 10,000 employees working across 600 offices in 113 countries. All working together to ensure the flow of goods never stops. Right now, we're hiring a Coordinator, Corporate Regional Sales in Piscataway, NJ. Let's navigate the future, together.
What does it mean to join a leading global liner shipping company? It means you'll have access to outstanding technology and challenging job opportunities around the world. It means working for a company that cares about the environment, safety, and quality management. It means we set high standards. That's how we've been setting the benchmark for more than 170 years. Now here's your chance to become a part of what we do next.
Purpose of the Position
Ensures a professional and timely flow of information and data related to the sales/commercial aspects of the business throughout Region, while providing various analysis and reports to support the Areas in achieving their sales objectives.
- Assist in coordination of the budget/forecast/trend process for Regions
- Oversee group mailbox and ensure timely response to all communication
- Set up monthly Area Trend schedules and input/analysis files
- Monitor completeness of Area submissions and prepares analysis of results/deviations
- Responsible for the creation of regular reports e.g. Weekly / Monthly Area Volume / Revenue development vs. BU / FC, Benchmark reporting and others
- Ensure legal requirements and tariff changes are communicated to all Areas and Regions
- Investigate time pending charges for area updates requests, disputes and discrepancies while ensure accuracy of tariffs at all times
- Participate in regional or global working groups
- Address and advise on technical issues regarding tariff and rates
- Promote the use of Piers within the organization and act as a POE for Piers related issue
- Support the areas sales with Salesforce and other system issues
- Support the Area Performance Management in terms of the package preparation, call moderation and assurance of minutes action items
- Perform weekly volume forecast updated and commentaries
Job Specification (knowledge, skills and abilities normally required for competent performance in the job):
- Understands most shipping terms; can use a dictionary to find terms not recognized. Is willing to clarify shipping terms unique to a location.
- Understands what Hapag-Lloyd offers customers and what routes, equipment, rates and services are available.
- Uses maps, atlases and other geographic reference materials. Knows where nearest ports and terminals are to customers or can use references to find that information. Knows best mode of transportation for ground transport between customer and terminals.
- Microsoft Office. Proficient in Excel. Uses spreadsheet software as a tool for tracking work. Uses other software appropriate to work demands and effectively applies other components of MSOffice required by the job.
- Uses questioning to identify the specific problems and related information. Logically determines approach to solving the immediate problem.
This job has no supervisory responsibility.
College graduate/ 2 years of experience in the Maritime Industry or the equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
This is a great opportunity to grow with an industry leader.