Diesel Technician / Mechanic
This position is located in Cicero, IL
Maintains fleet of diesel vehicles and equipment by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements including but not limited to; correcting vehicle deficiencies, making adjustments and alignments, and keeping records.
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and emissions control standards.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Assist manager with monthly inventory of stock
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Accessible outside of normal working hours if emergencies arise.
- Other duties as assigned by management
ASE Diesel Mechanic Certification preferred, minimum of 5 years of experience in servicing diesel engines, gas and small engine experience is a plus, valid U.S. driver's license, CDL license preferred, must obtain CDL B within first 6 months of hire date, mechanical and inspection tools, technical understanding, attention to detail, dependability, thoroughness, verbal communication, documentation skills, inventory control, job knowledge
We offer a casual atmosphere and family oriented environment where everyone has the "roll up their sleeves" attitude.
Benefits: We offer a competitive salary, health insurance, life insurance, and 401k.