Logistics and Freight Brokerage Branch Manager
Paschall Logistics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Paschall Truck Lines and an equal opportunity employer.
An asset-based employee-owned provider is growing. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to lead the start up operations at a new brokerage location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead and Mentor others
- Lead and train all aspects in the McLeod software
- Coordinate Staffing and Personnel needs with Office Manager and Human Resources
- Review and approve purchase orders and payroll weekly
- Coordinate company needs with IT , MIS and Phone Systems
- Support Office Manager with the Coordination of vendor training and needs such as DAT, Truckstop
- Adhere to and comply with Federal, State, DOT, OSHA, and Company rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates support to the Paschall Logistics, Inc. Quality Management System and its objectives, as applicable.
- Work with the Vice President of Logistics and others on leadership team to establish and promote a true quality improvement process to include the involvement of all personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned or become necessary.
- Improving and building the business.
- Leadership and Mentoring
- Support VP of Logistics in short and long term strategy discussion and implementation
- Timely and accurate performance.
- Identification of areas needing improvements and implementation of corrective measures.
- Effectiveness of employee relations; employee development and training.
- Supporting, building and meeting expectations on budget and yearly financial plans
- All operational staff including but not limited to those direct reports at their branch location
- Minimum high school diploma. Some college preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience or 1 – 2 years as Office Manager or 3 years as Logistics Operations Manager
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent work history with proven track record.
- Ability to travel when needed
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Decision making skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Growth, Leadership and sales oriented.
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test.
- Professional, clean, neat appearance.
- No convictions of serious crimes.