Supply Chain Coordinator - Client Support
(Fresh Beef, Overnight Weekends, Fri-Sun)
Oversee the activities of a client and/or region to ensure daily business needs are met. Manage and execute distribution processes for our customers' networks. This will include, but not be limited to, inbound to Armada's redistribution facilities, inbound to our customers' distribution centers. Provide efficient execution of daily network activity and assistance in the areas of reporting, issue management and resolution, KPI management and supplier management. Additional responsibilities include building customer relationships through effective decision making and proactive communication.
- Manage the region's Distribution Centers and facilitate/direct resolution to DC issues by proactively auditing to confirm that requirements are being met.
- Directing sales order management for all stakeholders. This includes order placement management, communicating new item requests, event and promotions planning, hub product returns, phase in/phase out items, slow moving inventory/short shelf life items, allocation management and product optimization.
- Identify out of stock situations and communicate in a timely manner to the DCs; this communication also includes an explanation of the stock out as well as available date for the product; this requires an assessment of the impact on the DC and possible resolution.
- Directing stock out management and system storage for all Hub handled items. This includes communicating all new item requests, event and promotions planning, hub product returns, phase in/phase out items, SLOB report, allocation management and hub optimization.
- Coordinate with Supply Planning, DCs, and HUBs to successfully manage inventory processes.
- Work with Finance to resolve discrepancies as required.
- Identify areas of opportunity through key performance metrics that facilitate network optimization through DCs and carriers.
- Managing first response activity to resolve service issues. Escalate issues as needed. Recommend solutions to avoid any potential out of stock situations.
- Coordinate return disposition of refused/returned goods as required.
- Provide position coverage for other SCC's during absences.
- Special projects as assigned by Manager of Customer Service.
- Proficient in all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and the Business Continuity Plan (BCP).
Education and Experience Requirement
- 1-2 years experience in customer service or transportation – operations experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Transportation or Logistics preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation or Business
- Customer Service or Transportation experience with one or more of the following modes: LTL, Intermodal, temp controlled, and dry truckload transportation preferred.
Language and Technical Skills requirement:
- General understanding of business and transportation terms and concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel required; Access, TMS applications preferred
- Analytical and problem solving ability
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written) with internal/external clients
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is usually performed in an office environment with normal noise levels. Involves prolonged sitting, and computer/phone usage.
- Flexible work schedules per business requirements
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required. Its contents imply no contractual obligation and may be changed by the company at any time.