Giddy Up Inc. is a 3PL (third party logistics firm) based out of Charlotte NC. We arrange semi-truckload transportation for commercial accounts across North America by tapping into the available capacity of thousands of small to medium size trucking firms. The company was founded in April of 2015. We currently have 6 employees and are looking to grow our office to 9 employees by the end of 2019.
Who We Want:
Ambitious individuals who have 2 to 5 years of works experience post college or recent college graduates who are ambitious and have work experience while in college.
Base salary of $40,000 and 15% commission on all gross margin of sale. If minimum first year sales targets are met the first-year income will be $58,000. Depending on your talent your income in the second year will range from $75,000 to $100,000. If you are happy with the base salary, do not pass go.
- Health Insurance Package
- Prospect and generate new business with U.S. companies that need to ship full semi truckloads of product. This is accomplished through calls and emailing. You have to be comfortable selling over the phone and email.
- Negotiate rates with both customers and the transportation vendors you contract with. You have to have a knack for negotiation, you will be doing it every day.
- Once you have built a book of business with established customers who give you consistent freight, your role becomes more operational in managing their accounts.
- Master market trends and seasonality. It is important to understand the nuances of whatever industry you ship product for. You will learn the trends of rate fluctuations for the specific lanes your customers have you run.
Attributes of Successful Account Managers:
- You must have a strong work ethic and be extremely persistent. Having incredible persistence is the number one variable that will determine your success in this role. If you are not willing to work more than 40 hours a week and take phone calls on the weekends, do not apply.
- You must be capable of working in a very fast paced environment. You will field multiple phone calls and emails at the same time and must be able to manage multiple people seeking your attention constantly.
- You must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Customers demand constant communication and the transportation vendors you work with will require constant monitoring. A person who knows how to communicate effectively with all types of people will do well in this role.
- People who are very competitive and money driven often find success in this role. Competition is fierce in our industry and the companies who have account managers that are extremely driven are the ones that make the big salaries.
Applicants who can demonstrate and prove they have the attributes required are encouraged to apply. A bachelor's degree is preferred but not an absolute requirement if you can demonstrate your qualifications.