This position is for local residents only.
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Be on the front lines with our customers and carriers in the logistics industry!
As a professional with strategic thinking, understanding of the transportation industry, you will play pivotal role preparing domestic quotations for our clients. This role requires an Associate's degree; Bachelor's preferred with a Major/concentration in logistics, supply chain, business, accounting or other applicable field of study preferred. Reporting to the Domestic Manager, you will:
- Coordinate all aspects of client & carrier setup
- Profitably arrange shipments using contracted carriers
- Maximize brokerage coverage with carriers
- Perform tracking & tracing of customer freight
- Provide timely status updates to customers
- Ensure shipments are properly dispatched daily
- Complete routing with all appropriate documents
- Negotiate with trucking companies to select carriers
- Follow up on cargo around the clock as needed
- Other duties, as assigned
You must be self-motivated with excellent organizational, written/verbal communications skills and the ability to work in a small team environment and relate well with customers. Additionally, strong computer skills (MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook), data entry & management and basic understanding of the transportation industry are required, as well as STA and TSA/IAC certification. Carrier following a plus.
Mohawk Global Logistics is a team of transportation and trade specialists dedicated to fulfilling our clients' supply chain needs with a strong emphasis on customs brokerage and import/export trade compliance. Mohawk Global Trade Advisors is our consulting division, which offers expert project support, guidance, and training in supply chain management, import/export trade compliance, C-TPAT, and free trade agreements.
Mohawk is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.