Driver Manager - Good Pay & Benefits!
LOCATION: HUDSON, NY
George Hildebrandt offers:
- Full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, 401K Match, Vacation, Direct Deposit, etc.
The Driver Manager Responsibilities
- Report to the Operations Manager
- Be responsible for managing a group of 35 to 40 drivers domiciled to multiple terminal locations.
- Be central point of contact for your group of Independent Contractors and Employee drivers within the company.
- This accountability encompasses all functional areas including Finance, Safety, Maintenance, Security and Operations.
- As this point of contact, you will interface with your drivers on a day to day basis assisting in their success within the organization.
- A self-starter, ability to work in a fast paced environment under stressful situations, experience prioritizing matters, in a deadline driven environment.
- A team player yet be able to work independently, proficient in problem solving, communication skills, attention to detail, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to manage and lead people.
- Ability to multi-task possessing professional communication, customer service, and organization skills, with flawless follow-up skills.
- The Driver Manager is an essential part of GHI's asset based business.
- The ideal candidate will have prior experience as a Driver Manager working with an irregular route carrier, managing Owner Operators as well as company drivers.
- Have the ability to use Microsoft office products (1 year preferred), (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Prior experience with the McLeod operating system.
George Hildebrandt, Inc. . . . a leader in the flat bed Industry for 60 years, is in need of a results oriented Driver Manager for its Hudson, NY Central Dispatch Operation. We provide regional flatbed transportation services, with a fleet of over 100 trucks, with service throughout the Middle Atlantic and New England state. We are a family owned and operated business that is poised for future growth. We are looking for a candidate the shares our Core Values.
The success of our company is based on strict adherence to our three operating principles:
- Safety — promote and maintain safe working conditions for employees and the public.
- Customer Satisfaction — exceed the service expectations of our customers.
- Employee Respect — treat employees with respect and compensate them well.