Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
In addition to steady hours and competitive pay, our warehouse workers also get:
- Generous medical, dental & vision coverage
- 401(k) retirement savings with employer matching and immediate vesting
- Tuition reimbursement
- Permanent full time positions
- New breakroom
- Forklift Certification in house
- Incentive pay for various positions
- A history of promoting from within
- Family like work environment
General Maintenance Associate
Schedule/shift: Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm
As the General Maintenance Associate, you will report to the Maintenance Supervisor and or Maintenance Manager. You will be responsible for the facility, the machinery, the conveyor system, and power equipment maintenance along with any other repairs that may arise.
- Routine inspection and maintenance of the conveyor system, the facility, machinery, and power equipment
- Ensure that the power equipment is functioning properly this include batteries, all horns, seat belts, brakes, and power lights
- Ensure emergency lighting and exit signs are properly maintained, labeled, and inspected
- Responsible for red tagging and repairing malfunctioning equipment
- Perform all maintenance and repairs in conjunction with Lock Out/Tag Out program and other Division/OSHA safety standards
- Able to understand and comply with A.I.B. and other food safety standards.
- Inspect merchandise freezers daily for standard and acceptable code temperatures
- Work on assigned projects as presented by Maintenance Supervisor or Operations Manager
- Assisting supervisor in coordinating and training the maintenance and janitorial staff.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed
- Maintains a clean and orderly workstation, returns supplies and merchandise to assigned locations and cleans work area at end of production shift.
- Ensure flammable/toxic liquids are properly stored and labeled
- Performs all tasks in compliance with Core-Marks safety policy and OSHA requirements.
- Complete task as assigned in a timely manner
- Keep daily records of PM's completed and work tasks competed
- Perform other duties as required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and stand for up to ten hours, and is occasionally required to stop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. They also will use hands and fingers to handle objects and controls, and also to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 20 lbs., frequently lift and or move 25 lbs., and occasionally lift and or move up to 60 lbs.
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months of related experience a/o training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language: Ability to read, print, and speak simple sentences. Recognize similarities and difference between words and between series of numbers. Must be able to read technical manuals and information quickly and accurately.
- Mathematical: Ability to add/subtract 2 digit numbers and multiply/divide 10's and 100's.
- Reasoning: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables. Must be able to recognize malfunctions in equipment and notify supervisors.
- 2-3 Years of experience in similar position.
- Willing to work swing or graveyard, and weekends occasionally.
- Be motivated and a self-starter who is able to multitask
Team Player:Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented:Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Job Security:Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Self-Starter:Inspired to perform without outside help
Licenses & Certifications