Sales & Marketing Executive
Provide sales and marketing support including direct sales activities, developing business relationship with potential and existing customers, reporting on activities for assigned accounts, coordination with various branch operations and corporate sales as necessary, and coaching and assistance to more junior sales representatives and marketing assistants as necessary and appropriate.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- New Business Development –identifying potential targets, appointment making and utilizing the NEU Prospect Management System (55%)
- Client Relationships / Existing Business Expansion – keeping a close relationship with existing customers and identifying potential new opportunities. (25%)
- Reporting – sales and customer forecasts and activity to Branch and Regional Sales Team (5%)
- Sales planning and marketing – forecasts, marketing materials, marketing and sales promotion recommendations (5%)
- Coordination – with various branch operations and corporate sales as necessary (10%)
Include but are not limited to:
Become thoroughly knowledgeable regarding all of NEU's total service products to generate sales, revenue and profits to meet established goals. This will be achieved by effective, networking, prospecting, assessing customer business potential to generate viable leads, timely and accurately responding to RFI's, RFQ's and bids, scheduling appointments, developing additional collateral materials as required, preparing and presenting professional client presentations. The primary objectives are to obtain new customers for the Branch to diversify the existing customer base to increase revenue and profit results; and increase revenues and profits from existing customers by securing new traffic lanes and service modes throughout the USA and other international markets, including Asia. Interact professionally at all times with all external contacts including customers, vendors and Agents, and all internal contacts within and outside of the Branch, including co-workers, and management. Develop a keen understanding of the intricacies of all commercial operations capabilities at the Branch, domestic USA and international levels so that the service levels that are sold to customers can be consistently delivered at rates that are competitive and yield profits. Timely and accurately report account and sales activity, recommendations and proposed solutions to senior management.
- Provide Management with current and valid information regarding market conditions for the purpose of planning new services.
- Recommend the promotion and marketing strategies to improve the sales and marketing share
- Recommend sales programs and conduct sales promotion in consideration of market conditions or any such factors
- Develop marketing and sales materials
- Identifying potential customers through research, networking, trade shows, etc.
- Producing sales forecast and actual information to Branch management and to Regional Sales as required
- Use Customer and prospect contact activities, tools and systems and update relevant information held in these systems.
- Integrate personal sales efforts with other marketing activities, e.g. product launches, promotions, advertising, exhibitions.
- Provide leadership, training and coaching as appropriate to more junior or newer sales staff
General operations support and interface functions:
- Develop communications and relationships with branch operations staff that will encourage leads and additional business
Education, Experience and Required Skills:
- Strong teamwork skills and inclination
- Strong communications skill – listening, public speaking, providing and receiving feedback
- Process improvement
- Ability to understand, develop and maintain multi-cultural relationships
- Patience – ability to deal with complex processes that may involve multiple levels of approval
Minimum Requirements, Education and Experience
- B.A./B.S. Degree or equivalent or related industry experience
- Familiar with logistics concepts including contract and tariff
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills – Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Lotus Notes
- Approximately 3-5 years freight forwarding or logistics industry experience
- Minimum 2 years direct client selling experience
- Analytical skill (Familiar with logistics concept and planning concept)
- Knowledge of international commerce (sales and payment term, method, customs regulations etc.)
- Knowledge of Consolidator system desirable
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT), State, Federal and Interstate Commerce commission (ICC) regulation desirable
- Must have manual dexterity to operate a computer key board as well as other office machines: e.g., cell phones, calculators, photocopiers, printers, etc. Must have corrected vision to view a computer screen.
- Plan and prioritize personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact
- Manage product mix, pricing and margins according to agreed aims
- Communicate at a high level(written and verbal)
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through ethical sales methods
- Be self driven and results-oriented
- Have a high sense of personal responsibility
- Develop and maintain long term relationships with customers
- Demonstrates effective negotiations and closing techniques
This job posting indicates the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees in this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all tasks, duties, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Incumbents may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Apply Online Below