Business Development Manager - Domestic Transportation Sales
What makes DHL great? Our people! We know each employee's individual contributions make us the #1 Delivery and Logistics Company in the world. We are currently looking for an entrepreneurial Business Development Manager who will develop our domestic and trans-border transportation portfolio, manage and upsell to existing customers.
In this role, you will
- Prospect, hunt, win and retain business within domestic freight forwarding transportation modes for an assigned region and grow your portfolio. Secure new customers who have not previously used DHL.
- Upsell additional services to the existing client base to increase volume and sales revenue.
- Identify, develop and maintain domestic and trans-border transportation and logistics business for DHL Global Forwarding
- Meet the individual BDM profit goals as outlined by the Incentive Plan Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
- Provide domestic sales expertise and facilitation in the identification and development of domestic business located anywhere in the assigned geographical area
- Develop and deliver solution designs and implementation for customer requests
- Interact with customers in alignment with Operations, leading negotiations and makingpresentations to external customers and the internal DGF organization
- Collaborate with various DHL sales channels to identify Domestic Opportunities and provide expertise as subject matter experts
- Support ad-hoc sales development campaigns to drive increased sales.
- Ultimately, be the champion for growing Domestic business in the area
To be considered for this job, you should
- Have BS/BA degree or minimum 5 years experience in Domestic operations or selling Domestic Freight
- Have strong knowledge of Domestic transportation products (overnight, 2nd day, truckload, airfreight, rail freight, white glove)
- Have at least 3-5 years of domestic transportation background with 5-10 years of Sales experience
- Strong and independent hunter mentality and experience in developing new business in the transportation industry
- Have a proven track record of selling and winning business
- Be experienced in dealing with Regional Field Accounts
- Ability to drive and support Domestic RFP's
- Microsoft Office experience with a strong focus on PowerPoint and Excel
- Must have exemplary presentation skills
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its employees, society, and environment. You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL. We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away from work to achieve a healthy work/life balance. DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
401K plan with a match
Employee Discount plan
Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world's leading logistics company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
DHL Global Forwarding, Freight is the Group's air, ocean and road freight specialist. We offer standardized transport as well as highly specialized end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally. Over 42,000 employees are employed by DGFF in approximately 150 countries around the world. Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.