HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for managing and analyzing inventory levels for the business unit to ensure optimum levels and maximizing fill rate performance. Mentor junior team members.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Leverages SAP and other systems to execute "tactical inventory control with a goal to maintain excellent customer service while efficiently managing inventory.
- Partners with Inventory Analytics and Merchandising to proactively identify and address fill rate issues and excess inventory.
- Utilizes and monitors exception reports and daily analytics for key business metrics.
- Develops and executes strategy for SKU transitions seasonal trends, and customer-specific positions.
- Works to align inventory system controls (EOQ, min/max, safety stock, velocity rankings) with business objectives. Analyzes and communicates impact of proposed changes.
- Manages supplier relations and partners with supplier to address fill rate, lead time, damaged in-transit issues and supplier return.
- Drives additional process improvement initiatives to introduce streamlined strategies across business network.
- Develops and demonstrates best practice techniques to guide junior associates
Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to the expected results. Determines and develops an approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to employees' professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority.
- Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors, such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in the same position or standing/walking and/or there is some requirement to lift or handle material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5-8 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 3+ years experience in inventory, supply chain or operations processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Information Systems, Supply Chain Management or Transportation and Logistics.
- Demonstrated experience working on large scale inventory initiatives.
- Advanced use of SAP APO, SAP BI MicroStrategy, Tableau, Hyperion, JDA, etc.
- Advanced use of inventory modeling tools (e.g., Llamasoft Inventory Guru).
Job ID 2019-31964
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 30339
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.