HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Utilizes tools and operational methodologies to craft, evaluate, recommend and execute inventory changes and enhancements. Provides timely, consistent, relevant, and actionable data analyses and supports business cases for change using data-driven methods.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Crafts, develops, and executes "day to day" inventory analytics with respect to, but not limited to fulfillment, replenishment, inventory on hand, transfer activity, aged inventory reduction, benchmarking, forecasting and forecast accuracy.
- Executes the "day to day" demand planning activities, including but not limited to supporting the Sales and Ops Process, developing and analyzing "one-off" and recurring demand analytics, and delivers the total demand and supply plan/forecast through each cycle.
- Drives the forecast consensus process for categories assigned by engaging the entire cross functional team resulting in a short- and long-term consensus demand plan.
- Measures, analyzes and improves forecast accuracy with segment-specific corrective actions, process enhancements, and SAP system enhancements.
- Evaluate business performance, develop learnings, communicate findings and translate into future forecast expectations
- Supports and executes the Sales and Ops Planning review process and maintains the scorecard/dashboard.
- Creates statistical forecasts and identifies and quantifies risk using established quantitative methods and application software. Analyzes trends, determines methods for reporting excess to the field.
- Develops inventory reporting across key areas (e.g., fill rate, safety stock, cycle stock, direct import inventory on hand and on the water, aged inventory, etc.). Monitors output and drives continuous improvement with each metric.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support or professional personnel.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 3+ years experience in inventory, supply chain or operations processes.
- Demonstrated experience working on large scale inventory initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Information Systems, Supply Chain Management or Transportation and Logistics.
- Advanced use of SAP APO, SAP BI MicroStrategy, Tableau, Hyperion, etc.
- Advanced use of inventory modeling tools (e.g., Llamasoft Inventory Guru).
Job ID 2019-31832
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 30339
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.