Green Bay Packaging Inc. is a family-owned, vertically integrated and diversified company consisting of corrugated container plants, folding carton operations, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label manufacturing, specialty converting operations, timberland, and land stewardship and management. Founded in 1933, this Green Bay, WI based company has over 3,600 employees and 37 manufacturing locations in 14 states. We are dedicated to the innovative and responsible development of our products and resources, with an emphasis on quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement.
The **Green Bay Packaging – De Pere Shipping Container Division**, is one of 17 corrugated box plants within the organization. The modern, fully equipped corrugated manufacturing facilities allow us to create and produce a wide range of innovative corrugated products – everything from ordinary brown boxes to intricate die cut inner pack to high graphic packaging.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Maintenance Manager to join our thriving team. This Maintenance Manager will be dedicated to ensuring employee performance meets the production and manufacturing schedules while placing a strong emphasis on safe work practices.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Facilitating and coordinating safety communications and training
- Managing daily department operations and workflow
- Coordinate equipment improvements to improve operation of equipment and quality.
- Support and schedule equipment trials with suppliers, work with outside contractors, and vendors to complete the work.
- Proactively managing team performance
- Facilitating team meetings
- Overseeing material trials and communicate findings appropriately
- Identifying and implementing cost reductions and coordinating necessary repairs on the equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; Associate degree with a minimum of 6 years of maintenance related management experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred (a comparable combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Must possess leadership ability and team building skills to effectively supervise staff and interact with all levels of management
- Must have strong technical knowledge in AC/DC wiring methods, drives and motors, PLC's, various mechanical systems, pneumatics, hydraulics, design, fabricating, preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Requires good human relations skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess the ability to problem solve, handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced, team-based environment
- Industry experience is preferred, but not required
Green Bay Packaging, Inc. offers a competitive benefit package with Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug coverage. There is also a company paid Life Insurance and short-term disability plan. We also provide a Company matching 401(k).