Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Ideally based out of London, Ontario this Sales Engineer will provide customer support to a sales territory in South Western Ontario. The successful candidate must be fluent in English (written and spoken). Preference will be given to Mechanical Engineers or Mechanical Engineering Technologists with industrial sales experience.
- Manages assigned customer base or territory delivering high-impact customer presentations that focus on Timken capabilities and solutions, value proposition.
- Influences customer decisions pertaining to new solutions, products and prototype applications.
- Facilitates customer interaction and coordinates with Marketing, Customer Service, Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and other functional areas.
- Works with Engineering on complex system analyses, including bearing selection on non-standard part number or types.
- Obtains application details from customers (including new or atypical designs).
- Participates in evaluating new design concepts from customers.
- Sales Plan Execution:
- Develops customer-based sales plan including sales, won/lost business, pricing strategies and new business attainment.
- Actively gathers and submits customer and market knowledge into monthly demand planning process.
- New Business Development and support of current business:
- Submits ideas for improvements to enhance existing products or develop new products. Launches and test requests; conducts industry or technology research to identify trends.
- Evaluates competitor's products and selling/market strategy.
- Proactively identifies opportunities that support market / growth strategies, including new products and services. This requires a thorough knowledge of the product portfolio, customer base, market strategy, and business environment in a given market segment or Front End.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 4 years sales experienced related to bearing sales - or - a minimum of 10 years sales experience related to industrial bearings.
- Proven mechanical apptitude to provide customers with techncial support throughout the sale cycle.
- Intermediate to advanced level of expertise in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Previous experience with SAP and CRM preferred.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Canadian citizen or Canadian permanent resident
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.