Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
Core-Mark is one of the largest marketers of fresh and broad-line supply solutions to the convenience retail industry in North America. Founded in 1888, Core-Mark offers a full range of products, marketing programs and technology solutions to over 43,000 customer locations in the U.S. and Canada through 32 distribution centers (excluding two distribution facilities the Company operates as a third party logistics provider). Core-Mark services traditional convenience retailers, grocers, drug, liquor and specialty stores, and other stores that carry convenience products.
$15.7 Billion in revenue and growing! Core-Mark is ranked 257 on Fortune's 500 list of America's largest companies. Our Corporate Culture provides a progressive, growth-oriented work environment, where you'll enjoy greater autonomy, and a strong team atmosphere. We are seeking a professional with a high potential for advancement.
The Director of Accounting, Marketing Group, is responsible for all finance activities as it relates to our internally developed marketing programs and vendor partner rebate programs. They will work with Company leadership, our 32 distribution centers and other finance departments for the purpose of ensuring accurate financial analyses, maximization of marketing revenues, and overall effectiveness of the programs. They will work closely with Company IT personnel to develop more efficient methods of managing data, streamlining current process, and ultimately improving cost leverage throughout the organization.
- Partner with the Marketing Leadership team to understand the dynamics of their strategies and provide accurate and insightful financial analyses to enable key strategic decisions.
- Manage the expenditure and headcount plans of multiple Sales & Marketing cost centers, while providing guidance with investment decisions.
- Support long-term strategic planning process; create clear financial models, forecasts and communications for the group.
- Coordinate with other finance organizations within the Company, such as accounting, internal audit, and FP&A to ensure alignment.
- Responsible for the integrity of financial reporting for the Marketing group and ensuring all is in accordance with GAAP and SOX requirements.
- Communicate the risks, opportunities and drivers of forecast variances in an insightful, proactive way to facilitate timely and informed decision making.
- Manage from start to finish the calculation, billing, and collection of all rebate monies generated through multiple marketing programs with the Company's vendor partners, while continuing to look for more automated and efficient methods of processing.
- Support department VPs and Directors with annual vendor business review & related analyses, trade events spending, and marketing program profitability evaluations.
- Ability to drive process improvements in areas of finance throughout the marketing department.
- Participate in Special projects and marketing Initiatives as applicable.
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on teamwork, initiative and integrity.
- Successful candidates must have a proven track record of working effectively with senior business and finance leaders, showing confidence, interpersonal awareness, and poise.
- Highly analytical, strategic, and detail-oriented, with a commitment to excellence and a passion for understanding the business.
- High energy and superb attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written & presentation skills. Ability to transition seamlessly from complex analyses to simple/precise business implications.
- Ability to identify and take on critical projects, as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic/changing environment.
- Possessing good judgment and mature decision-making skills. Diplomatic yet assertive, with an ability to push back when needed and to know when to follow up with others.
- Hands-on, resourceful and a doer. Able to work autonomously but also operate as part of a strong, cohesive team.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, to give and receive input, and consider a broad range of perspectives and incorporate such perspectives in making decisions.
- Ability to harness critical thinking skills, communication skills and build credibility to influence others.
- Ability to create and maintain strong relationships with internal associates, external clients, and vendor partners.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCES
- 10+ years of increasing responsibility in finance leadership roles, with a bias towards Marketing desired, however not critical.
- Candidates must possess a BS degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- A large company background from an organization with a highly regarded finance team is important. The ideal candidate will however combine experience in a larger company with experience in a smaller, more nimble organization with broad exposure.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) with basic exposure to SAP.
Licenses & Certifications