The purpose of the International Coordinator is to assist the International Manager in coordination and facilitation of all clients and station needs relative to shipment: setup, routing, cost capturing, data input, document creation and gathering of documents needed for client billing. This person will assist in all matters in order to achieve all aspects of import/export shipment processing needed to fulfill client's deadline, specialized requirements, and provide updates needed to meet or exceed client's request and expectations.
Essential Job Duties include but not limited to:
- Client Services
- Courteous etiquette via phone or e-mail interaction in order to facilitate client service requests in a thorough and expeditious manner
- Shipment coordination (setup of shipments and/or amendments to existing shipments based upon client directives including lcl, fcl, and break bulk shipments
- Quote requests- obtain competitive and unique price solutions able to satisfy clients requests relative to shipment particulars provided. Will also process RFQs and work on bids
- Manage import and export documents, including bill of lading
- Tracking updates- Input milestone/tracking updates with Aerotrac, provide client updates as shipment progress is obtained through out duration of shipment transit
- General inquires and follow up-fulfillment of any specialized requests provided by client within expected time-frame communicated
- Generate reports and client specific data requests directly to client upon request
- Good relationships with shippers and working knowledge of shipper lanes
- Operations Requirements-(Shipments/quotes)
- Obtain ALL details necessary for shipment/quote in order to evaluate all factors to ensure client's request is satisfied
- Examine all possible factors prior to shipment coordination and/or pricing to ensure most successful result
- Input all essential information into Aerotrac computer system to allow all information needed for shipment coordination and billing are achieved
- Weigh all factors and prioritize action items in order to determine critical timing for action items for shipment coordination to ensure a successful transaction
- Must be able to negotiate with vendors as needed to gain "spot" or preferred contract pricing as needed and/or determined
- Diligently manage all aspects of tracking shipments to ensure shipment is moving as scheduled and update system milestones immediately upon verification
- Identify and rectify if a shipment has deviated from scheduled transit in a effort to correct shipment and achieve client expectation
- Gain and verify accurate costs of shipment and accurate input into Aerotrac.
Job Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or GED certification
- Passing background/drug screening for TSA requirements
- Minimum of 2-3 years International Transportation experience
- Knowledge of IATA and IMDG regulations
- Second language is a plus, but not required.
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in MSWord, Excel, Outlook,
- Problem solving-Be able to handle pressure situation and multi task
- Ability to work well in flexible, dynamic work environment
- Proactive and self-starting team player
- Requires mathematical and analytical skills in developing and interpreting financial/data records. Ability to effec¬tively communicate ideas to all levels of management.
- Office environment with cubical / desks / office chairs / copy machines, fax machines.
- Access to warehouse and truck docks as needed with forklift present.
Aeronet was created in 1982 with a unique Vision and Culture, which is still our foundation today. The Vision is to be the most reliable, consistent, and efficient provider of global logistics solutions. Our Culture is based on the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, and Passion, which enables us to provide our Clients with the highest level of time-definite services tailored to their individual needs.