Technical Director - Packaging/Coated Products
Due to an upcoming retirement (summer 2019), Green Bay Packaging Inc. is currently seeking a Technical Director for our Coated Products Operations, headquartered in Green Bay, WI.
The Technical Director will be responsible for providing strategic and organizational direction in the Technical Department, including Product Development, Quality Control, Process Engineering, and Technical Service. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, this person will be a member of our Leadership Team, and a key contributor to our continued success.
- BS degree; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of Supervisory experience
- Product Development experience
- Adhesive or Pressure Sensitive experience is a plus
- Knowledge of coating processes, converting, web handling
- Excellent supervisory and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to get along well with others is a requirement
- We offer a stable work environment, modern facilities and a high quality of life location.
- Competitive salary
- Medical & Dental
- Prescription Drug
- Vision & Life
- Company matching 401(k).
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is a privately owned, diversified paper and packaging manufacturer. Founded in 1933, this Green Bay, WI based company has over 3,600 employees and 37 manufacturing locations in 15 states, and $1.5 billion in sales. Green Bay Packaging Inc. is dedicated to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on quality, sustainability and continuous improvement.
The Coated Products Operations consists of two manufacturing plants, 4 Slitting and Distribution centers, and a majority interest partnership in Mexico. The CPO manufactures pressure sensitive label stock, utilizing a variety of face stock, adhesive and release liner combinations. Product capabilities include an expanded film line, as well as traditional paper, foil and thermal offerings.
The Coated Products facility in Green Bay has recently completed a major expansion, making this plant a state of the art facility. The expansion has doubled the size of this plant, and includes a new building, Coater, Slitters and Automated Sequencing System.