Director, Purchasing and Voice Communications
Triton College, a comprehensive two year institution located in a near western suburb of Chicago, is seeking a Director, Purchasing and Voice Communications to join our team.
Directs the College purchasing activities and coordinates voice communications.
- Supervises and reviews purchase requisitions process, evaluating availability of funds, prices, alternative sources and verifies proper execution and authorization.
- Makes purchasing recommendations regarding item quality, price, and availability.
- Evaluates and qualifies sources of supplies and maintains vendor database.
- Coordinates purchasing with State agencies and maintains files, including bid prices for items purchased under State contract.
- Coordinates bid specifications with requisitioner and Business Office insuring bid documents meet legal requirements, and contain information to maximize competitive bidding.
- Coordinates with others to develop bid specifications and conducts public legal bid openings. Complete understanding of the public sector bid process and the legal requirements necessary for adherence of the law.
- Coordinates cost effective combined purchases of like items with other organizations and institutions.
- Completes cost-effectiveness analyses to establish purchasing guidelines.
- Provide data for the College's Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Acts as liaison between Accounts Payable, Shipping/Receiving, and Vendors to correct discrepancies and errors. Responds to and resolves vendor/purchasing issues.
- Works with the Executive Director of Finance to prepare Board purchasing schedules.
- Proofs monthly Accounts Payable cycle, for board report, verifying all transactions and payments.
- Develops budget for purchasing department.
- Assists the Vice President of Business Services with general operations and special projects.
- Responsible for the college's voice mail system. Records all day/night greetings and holiday messages. Records special closing messages due to weather, etc.
- Trains individuals on WebAdvisor, Colleagues interface for processing requisitions and requests for payment.
- Ensures that the College's Tax Exemption is used.
- Completes cost analysis of products and services purchased.
- Available to serve on the College's Finance Committee and/or publicly report on recommended purchasing schedules.
- Manages all transactions on College's credit cards. Reconciles bank statements against internal paperwork.
- Responsible for completing annual Business Enterprise Program (BEP) report to ICCB and state of Illinois.
- Completes annual Vendor Minority Report for Board of Trustees.
- Responsible for all the Colleague fiscal year closing procedures related to purchasing.
- Develops and maintains procurement policies and purchase order procedures.
- Processes all on-line purchases. Creates on-line shopping carts and processes orders Responds to and resolves vendor/purchasing issues.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field.
- Two or more years experience with purchasing; telephone systems experience preferred.
- Must have familiarity with state contract purchasing procedures.
- Must be knowledgeable of purchasing procedures and communication technology, on-line purchasing systems, e.g. Colleague, to review and process all on-line requisitions submitted by Triton departments.
- Proven verbal and written communications skills.
- Good interpersonal and interorganizational skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management, faculty, staff, and students.
- Comprehensive understanding of purchasing and voice communications.
- Commitment to quality built into the work processes.
- Strong ability to analyze and solve problems; meticulous with detail.
Triton College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution.
Apply Online Below