E-Commerce Distribution Center Manager
Are you an effective and efficient Warehouse Manager?
Do you want to be the leader in logistics and e-commerce?
Do you have high expectations about Best Practices?
Do you set rigorous cleanliness standards?
Are you passionate about continuous improvement?
Do you meet daily deadlines and goals?
Can you set and manage an atmosphere based on our core values?
Turn 14 Distribution's sole focus is being the best in warehouse distribution. We strive for efficient operations that deliver an overwhelmingly positive experience for our customers. We are seeking an Operations Manager that will impress leadership and has the capacity to grow professionally as fast as we grow. If you want to work for a company that demands you are at your best and pushes you to your potential then we want to hear from you!
We are a leading wholesale distributor of hi-performance aftermarket automotive parts. We are experiencing exciting growth. We are looking for driven, dedicated, and innovative individuals to join our team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Formulates, envisions, and realizes strategic initiatives 3-6 months in advance.
Initiate, formulate, and execute policy and procedures to continuously improve performance, maximize efficiency and optimize cost-effectiveness.
- Ability to lead across all levels of the organization from entry level to management.
- Actively contributes to company goals and values.
- Identifies high potential candidates. Creates & executes development plans.
- Develops team to ensure appropriate succession planning.
- Plans, directs, and is accountable for Warehouse operations, equipment and systems.
- Responsible for 30 plus associates.
- Able and willing to demand the best from staff.
- Establish performance metrics that allow for incentivizing optimal performance.
- Partner and create solid relationships with all departments, internal and external, related to purchasing, transportation, accounting, customer service, and sales.
- Resolve a wide range of issues from daily processes to capital improvements.
- Meets deadlines and service level agreements to our standards, on time all the time.
- Maintain high levels of quality and accuracy in both shipping and receiving. This includes ensuring all outbound orders are shipped before the deadline to our high quality and accuracy standards. All inbound orders continuously maintaining accuracy during check-in.
- Resolve receiving damages and claims.
- Monitor and make changes in processes or procedures to ensure work is performed safely.
- Manage all facets of personnel for 30 plus employees. Interviewing, hiring, coaching, training, performance evaluations, corrective action, terminations.
- Understand the investigation and resolution process of inventory discrepancies.
- Manage the department man-hours to maximum efficiency utilizing all slower periods for projects and housekeeping.
- Manages building and facilities including maintenance, improvements, and security, which may occur in off hours. This includes lights, garage door, and dock plates, plumbing, electrical, and conveyor maintenance.
- Defines safety programs and standards.
- Schedules preventative maintenance to minimize downtime.
- Request, review and interpret data, reports, schedules, and projections to use resources efficiently.
- Submit monthly status reports.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required.
- 6 years' progressive experience in a fast-paced Distribution Center; e-commerce preferred.
- Minimum 3 years' experience leading large and diverse teams to success.
- High energy.
- Superb analytic skills, adept at using metrics to guide operations.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize and delegate.
- Experience with responsibility for the complete logistics of a DC.
- Experience with responsibility for building, facilities, and equipment.
- Strong Leadership.
- Analytical and detail oriented.
- Obsession with a clean and tidy appearance of facilities.
- Competitive and Driven.
- Reports to the Director of Warehouse Operations