|Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Required: 10 years minimum of freight industry sales experience. Please do not apply if you do not meet this requirement
Salary: To $150,000 base range annually plus commission
Aloha Freight Forwarders is recognized as a leading ocean freight forwarder between the US mainland and Hawaii, Guam, and Alaska. Our core competency is Hawaiian ocean freight. We specialize in providing clients with reliable, damage free, cost effective freight shipping solutions. Our personalized attention to business needs, coupled with our robust Freight Management System and process capabilities produce exceptional service, quality and value for our clients. Our people make the difference, taking a consultative approach to evaluating and accommodating each customer's special handling and freight shipping needs. Our passion for service excellence relentlessly drives us to identify opportunities to provide creative and flexible premier logistics service.
Base plus an incentive package and other great fringe benefits!
In a nutshell, we are seeking a veteran sales quarterback with an established track record of motivating the team to put record points on the board. No rookies or average players need apply.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to be creative, intuitive, consultative, motivating, and successful. As the quarterback, you will be responsible for leading a team of sales professionals open to optimizing the offense and improving results. We have great players; we need better plays.
The VP of Sales will be primarily tasked with leading and directing the sales team to meet or exceed revenue targets and will be a member of the executive leadership team, with full participation in development, strategy, training, and implementation of sales programs and associates.
As the senior executive leading the sales team, the VP Sales will be accountable for optimizing the entire sales process, including identification of new programs, ongoing training, quotas, and a collaborative culture. Our fast-paced environment requires solid communications practices, and a compelling need for ongoing training and professional growth. The ability to manage effectively while driving continuous improvement, accountability, and revenue growth is core to the position.
The VP of Sales will promote internal business relationships with operations, rates development, and customer service, and create compelling business solutions and winning proposals. He/she will support the sales team as advocate to ensure Aloha Freight is recruiting, developing, and supporting these valuable associates in their individual and common goals, both personally and professionally.
The ideal candidate will be a proven leader with in-depth industry experience and a true passion
for the freight/cargo industry and must have exceptional project management skills, a record
of building high-performance teams, and outstanding relationships with internal and external
customers. A strong work ethic with proactive communication skills that encourages courageous
conversations are a must.
Let's win a few championships together!
- Generate incremental revenue and margin growth through leadership of the sales team.
- Establish and consistently meet or exceed organizational sales goals.
- Identify, implement, and sponsor ongoing sales training and professional development.
- Cultivate an internal environment that focuses on collaboration, coaching, and mentoring tailored to the range of competencies and experience within the sales team.
- Monitor and inspire diligence in pipeline management from feeding, to follow up and close throughout the sales cycle and team.
- Cultivate multi-level customer relationships and identify key decision makers and business opportunities.
- Work closely with rate development to insure consistently professional, timely, cost effective proposal presentation.
- Manage client relationships and expectations, with a focus on clear communication between sales, operations and client representatives.
- Solid comprehension of competitor strategies and capabilities for effective positioning of Aloha Freight services in the marketplace.
- Manage and monitor for effective client business review discussions/presentations.
- Drive strategic customer and internal process initiatives including corrective action plans.
- Highly effective methods to manage and monitor for opportunities and risks visible via Aloha Freight's Customer Relationship Management system.
- Complete and submit required reporting in a timely and complete fashion.
Education and/or Experience:
- Required: 5 years Minimum of Freight Industry/Freight Fowarding sales experience. Please do not apply if you do not meet this requirement!
- 5 years of applicable experience in progressive sales leadership highly preferred.
- Experience building and training a motivated, successful sales team.
- Highly motivated and goal oriented, with a confident, energetic, positive attitude.
- Good general knowledge of the freight forwarding, logistics, and transportation industry.
- Strong strategic thinking capabilities with demonstrated ability to think creatively and logically without being bound to traditional methods or industry norms
- Proven track record of initiating and driving new business opportunities with a highly rigorous and process-driven approach; experience managing and deploying team members with varied level of expertise and diverse analytical styles
- Open-ended problem-solving, effective multi-tasking, and strong time management capabilities
- Intellectual curiosity, strong desire for continual learning and interest in developing team members
- Values diverse backgrounds, points of view, and cultural histories as critical to organizational success and ability to innovate
- Interest and ability to work independently, deploy judgment in decision-making and prioritization, and thrive in a highly entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent problem solving and negotiating skills.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills, proficient in producing sales presentations and compelling, data driven business conclusions.
- Familiar with multiple sales strategy concepts, with an ability to align approach with each client for optimal results.
- Bachelor's degree in business or marketing preferred; a combination of education and relevant sales experience will be considered.
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills, bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Ability to travel as needed to meet sales goals.
- Must hold USA citizenship, a valid passport, or a work visa
This position requires frequent car travel to visit with customers and the ability to drive a car for long periods of time. It may require overnight travel to meet with team members and/or customers. Therefore, the ability to travel via plane, carry luggage, and drive a vehicle, are key physical requirements.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive, and employees shall perform other duties as appropriate. Aloha Freight Forwarders, Inc. reserves the right to change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Aloha Freight Forwarders is an EEO/AA employer.