Directs and coordinates the distribution function of a branch to ensure timely and cost efficient delivery of inventory and finished products by performing the following duties
Summary of Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Develops methods and procedures for transportation of materials to processing and production areas and transportation of finished goods to the customers.
- Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending branch safety meetings, or meeting with individual staff members.
- Determines the most efficient and economical routing and mode of transportation.
- Directs scheduling of shipments and notifies involved departments and/or customer of arrival dates.
- Negotiate and authorize contracts with equipment and materials suppliers, and monitor contract fulfillment.
- Plan, organize, and manage the work of subordinate staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
- Oversees the compliance of Department of Transportation rules and regulations.
- Oversees the maintenance of our truck fleet by working with the leasing company
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years' experience in transportation, steel industry preferred.
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation "DOT" rules and regulations
- Computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
Kloeckner Metals Corporation (KMC) has its North American headquarters in Roswell, GA, and is a subsidiary of Klöckner & CO, based in Duisburg, Germany. Kloeckner Metals is among the largest producer-independent distributors of steel and metal products and one of the leading steel service center companies in the European and American markets combined. Kloeckner Metals has 50 locations in the U.S. and is located in 25 states. Kloeckner Metals services more than 13,000 metalworking businesses around the United States, Mexico and Canada.
Kloeckner Metals Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.