A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customers’ supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people.
Intermodal Product Analyst
We are looking for an Intermodal Product Analyst to join the North America Intermodal Product team in Charlotte, NC which itself is being strengthened to drive the Maersk Global Strategy to profitably grow our value-added services outside the ocean products.
We offer you an exciting global career at the forefront of world trade.
Working with the best people in a global team culture with future growth opportunities in an industry that has a significant impact on the world economy.
We're proud of our people who define our company's industry leadership, global team culture and customer-centric focus every day.
When you join our team you join a truly diverse, global organization in a fast-moving, values-based, work environment where you can grow on the job, create and shape our digital solutions, tap into industry-leading talent development initiatives, enjoy working with your colleagues and broaden your world view through our international job postings. We offer competitive compensation and benefits for full-time employees including health, dental and vision insurance, a 401k savings plan with an employer match and paid time-off – and our parental leave policy is recognized world-wide as one of the best in the industry.
Every company, every country wants access to a competitive shipping, logistics and port system – and our people have created one company that offers one, easy-to-use solution to all their shipping needs.
Maersk is unique:
Maersk is uniquely positioned to play a significant role in global trade, creating opportunities that help countries, companies and people succeed. Our vision is simple: Maersk is the global integrator of container logistics, connecting and simplifying our customers' global supply chains. We do this through the global scale of Maersk, the world's largest shipping line; our Logistics and Services expertise that help customers manage their global supply chains; and through our port operator, APM Terminals, one of the largest container terminal operators in the world with the most strategic locations to serve global supply chains.
Join us and play an important role on our team lifting global trade every day!
- Assist Intermodal Product Managers in developing products/tools that leads to profitable growth opportunities with commercial stakeholders and drive implementation in line with commercial requirement together with key internal and external stakeholders
- Actively promote NAM Inland service offering across the organization and support NAM Area Inland Plan, including market mapping/evaluation, competitive environment, inland strategy, corridor optimization, target customers, pricing strategy, support/training to Sales
- Assist in Price setting for Store Door/Trucking business within scope considering competitive environment, growth strategy, profitability and operational constraints.
- Be vigilant in performance management against our overall intermodal targets and the agreed customer specific target on both volume and revenue
- Be a Key Consulted party in major tenders involving inland trucking corridors through assisting in providing information around trucking cost, market rates, comparable yields and pricing levels
- Support Head of North America Intermodal Product Management with the execution of intermodal strategy to drive the profitable growth of Inland Services in NAM.
- Good stakeholder management and communication skills, able to gain credibility, engage, and motivate others to deliver on required actions and deliver Impact without Authority
- Exceptional analytical skills, with strong understanding of data across multiple sources to drive fact based decision making both in Operation and Commercial
- Ability to manage complexity in analytical work, but able to promote simplification and communicate commercial direction
- High degree of change readiness and energy to be able to continuously adjust to dynamic changes in our business environment and act as a change agent for our intermodal Value Added Services journey
- Team-oriented and passion for proactively collaborating with global colleagues across multiple functions and cultures.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills in English
We are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 1-2 years of experience with customer service, project management, or similar industry
- OR High School Diploma with 3-4 years of experience with customer service, project management, or similar industry
- Excellent analytical skills; able to interpret and translate data into strategic actions that will promote the Intermodal product development
- Strong communication skills – ability to interact naturally and professionally with stakeholders at all levels
- Political savvy; mature enough to work with senior leaders; can cope with high pressure
- Highly motivated and self-driven
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word.
You must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. Local candidates only; no relocation assistance is provided.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply Online Below