Supply Chain - Fleet Operations Manager
If you are an energetic person who enjoys challenges and working in a fast-paced environment "Make the Better Move" with your career and join our winning team at Avis Budget Group.
This position contributes to the success of our company by effectively managing and directing the daily operation of the in-fleet, maintenance, damage, condition and de-fleet functions for our shop(s) in (locations). Key areas of focus include: ensuring safe work practices, provision of safe vehicles for our customers, achieving and exceeding financial targets, minimizing out-of-service, optimizing end-of-life condition and engaging and motivating team members and vendors.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure safe work environment and processes in and around our shops.
- Responsible for P&L performance, productivity, financial and asset controls and adherence to audit and financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely completion of recalls, preventative maintenance and quality of vehicle repairs.
- Assigns work and provides supervision to associates and/or managers. Ensure all related repair orders are completed and processed in accordance with established guidelines. Approve all maintenance expenditures and submit invoices for approval/payment.
- Select, manage and inspect outside vendor work to established service levels and quality standards. Ensure proper use of purchase orders, receipt of services and payment of invoices. Maintain up-to-date files on vendor insurance policies.
- Minimize vehicle downtime and units out of service.
- Ensure warranty submissions meet or exceed business plan and all required documentation is submitted.
- Ensure timely and accurate in-fleeting.
- Ensure timely and optimal condition for de-fleeting.
- Hire, train, engage, energize, set up for success, coach and recognize team members to enable a high-performing culture.
- Guide the resolution of employee relations issues and commonly faced problems to build and maintain professional relationships with subordinates.
- Perform other duties and special assignments as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- High School degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- ASE certifications and / or automotive technical training or experience required.
- At least two years of leadership experience, preferably in fleet maintenance functions in the automotive industry
- Travel depending on district/territory to outlying locations and vendors is necessary.
The successful candidate must be willing to and/or possess the following:
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Proven ability to engage a team and drive results.
- Strong communication skills and ability to provide work direction to a team of technicians and staff.
- Strong time-management, multitasking and problem solving skills.
- Strong process orientation with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Excellent analytical, creative problem solving and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to learn new technology.
- Proficient computer skills including Excel spreadsheet knowledge.
- Proactive cross-functional team player able to work in a fast paced service-oriented work environment.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Outstanding benefits package: 401K, medical, dental, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, various discounts.
- Use of a company vehicle: Including gas and insurance.
- Full training to learn the business and enhance your professional skills
- Paid vacations, car rental discounts & much more!
A valid driver's license is required for all positions. Drug screening and a background check are a part of our hiring process.
IT'S EXCITING being on the fast track to career success. Get your GO on!
Drug screening is a part of our hiring process.
Avis Budget is an Equal Opportunity employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The information listed in this advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this ad may result in your being considered for employment with an affiliated company of Avis Budget Group, the publicly traded parent company of Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC and its subsidiaries.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment.