Position Purpose: This is a responsible supervisory position that involves assisting the Business Unit Manager in administering facility operation policies, programs and practices, both operationally and administratively.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review daily with Business Unit Manager, receiving and assembling information relating to the daily activities of the Operations.
- Coordinate continually with the Business Unit Manager to receive and upgrade information to accommodate priority changes and have labor and equipment adjusted accordingly and to ensure effective scheduling of operations warehouse personnel.
- Monitor the daily job performance of operations warehouse personnel to ensure a high quality of customer service using PCC-NW set procedures.
- Control and maintain good inventory control for all material and equipment necessary for warehouse personnel to perform their job
- Maintain production schedules, meeting both quality and productivity requirements
- Review preventative measures and warehouse personnel training with Business Unit Manager to keep operational costs at acceptable levels.
- Direct and train warehouse personnel in the proper handling of merchandise in the care and custody of both Operations.
- In conjunction with the Business Unit Manager, establish and maintain a production report that will determine if the warehouse personnel are being used to the maximum capability.
- Review with Business Unit Manager the implementation of an on-going training program to ensure that warehouse personnel are knowledgeable on proper documentation control and follow-up to verify that all procedures are being followed.
- In conjunction with the Business Unit Manager, investigate and assist in determining responsibility for claims.
- Use set PCC-NW procedures for documenting and reporting cargo claims and follow-up to verify adherence. This should include a training program for warehouse personnel.
- Initiate reports for review by the Business Unit Manager, related to industrial or vehicular accidents, or handling accidents resulting in product damage.
- Read, Understand, Implement and comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Prepare and continually suggest updates for warehouse operations specific to the facility.
- Be fair and honest with customers and maintain a high standard of business ethics and practices. Know and completely understand customer requirements.
- Ensure that all customers are satisfied with services and avoid disputes with a customer. Resolve all situations with customers in a professional manner.
- Be proactive with customer communication.
- Be knowledgeable and in compliance with all applicable OSHA regulations and any other government requirements.
- Ensure that all warehouse operations personnel follow set Safety guidelines and procedures.
- Conduct and schedule Safety Meetings on a consistent basis.
- Maintain all equipment in a safe and presentable manner; should include daily equipment inspections.
- Establish a facility-cleaning program and maintain high standards of appearance and safe working conditions.
- Ensure that all warehouse personnel assigned to operate/drive equipment are trained/certified to do so, prior to assignment of those duties.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to communicate to subordinates in English both verbally and in writing policies, rules, and procedures that warehouse personnel must be aware of.
- Forklift Certified
- CPR/First Aid Certified
Summary of Responsibilities:
The position of Warehouse Supervisor requires a highly self-motivated person that can initiate methods that create total control of the warehouse operations and personnel. Depending on the needs of the company other assignments may be added to this job description as required.
Benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, and 401K Plan.
Apply Online Below