Director Business Development
Transport America has an immediate need for a Director of Business Development who is results-driven and thrives on making significant decisions to impact Transport America's operations. This position focuses on the One-Way business made up of Over-The-Road (OTR) and Team Driver solutions. This position requires advanced prospecting skills, an outstanding communication competency and vast relationship resources to ensure that the Transport America is growing profitably at or above aggressive plans.
Specifically, this position will be responsible for:
- Providing client focused freight solutions that drive both revenue and operating income.
- Directly sell to domestic and international accounts of all sizes and sectors.
- Create short and long-term strategies for enhanced market penetration and increased revenue through new customer prospecting, acquisition and creative partnerships.
- Act as the voice of the customer by working closely with the Operations and Decision Support Teams to deliver the optimal solutions and financials for TA.
- Work to broaden and expand existing account relationships to be competitive, gain market share and improve profitability.
- Utilize market intelligence, strategic planning and relationship building initiatives to ensure that the company is building a sustainable competitive advantage among its competitors.
- Track metrics and use CRM daily to measure progress and success.
- Follow company-wide Business Development practices to ensure organizational alignment.
- Be instrumental in building a culture that is team-oriented and is committed to alignment, creativity and winning.
- Maintain a spirit of continuous improvement, determination, respect and positivity.
Transport America believes in exceeding expectations. We take that same approach to a work-life balance in offering the following employee benefits.
- Medical, Vision & Dental
- Life / AD&D Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee & Immediate Family Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays & Vacation Time (full-time & part-time employees)
- Paid Personal/Sick Time
- Dependent Care & Medical Healthcare Spending Accounts
About Transport America:
Transport America began operations in 1984, and in 2014 became a wholly-owned subsidiary of TFI International (TSX: TFI).
Over the past 30 years, Transport America has been providing transportation solutions to customers who demand superior supply chain services.
At Transport America our goal is simple - to deliver excellence. With over 1,500 trucks, we attract and retain the best professional drivers in the industry. We are large enough to serve our customers yet small enough to give them the personal attention they need. We offer Solo, Team, Dedicated and Regional Truckload services as well as Intermodal and Brokerage solutions that provide options to our customers and flexibility for our Drivers.
- Integrity & Respect
- Creating Success with a Positive Culture
- Passion for Excellence
Requirements and Core Competencies
- A Bachelor's Degree (BA or BS) is required.
- A minimum of 6 years of Business Development experience and relevant industry experience in positions of increasing authority. Trucking Industry experience preferred. Requires a track record of growing market share and exceeding sales goals.
- Proven track record of profitable revenue growth that support company strategic plans and short-term sales plans.
- Proven sales success through solutions based and fact-based selling.
- Proven skills in market analysis, critical thinking, prospecting, relationship management, communications, market intelligence and understanding the accompanying key metrics.
- Extensive skills in leadership, initiative, creativity and reliability.
- Must have strong working knowledge of MS Office; prior experience in Excel and PowerPoint a must.
- Projects a strong positive image and voice that conveys confidence to customers.
- An unquestioned work ethic, willingness to "roll up your sleeves" and work closely with colleagues and team members.
- Advanced presentation, business writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate equally well with company leadership, peers, employees and customers.
- Exceptional decision-making skills, sound judgment, and the ability to effectively manage escalations and time critical issues with poise.
- An unwavering commitment to ethics with the highest levels of integrity coupled with a focus on continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
- The position requires visits to key customers and attendance at trade shows, requiring 40%-50% travel.
EEO/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Drug-Free & E-Verify Employer