Cavalier Logistics, a premier provider of global transportation, warehousing and logistics services is seeking a full-time warehouse agent to join our team in Jessup, MD. Cavalier is an equal opportunity employer.
Cavalier provides exceptional service in the areas of General cargo, Government services, and Biopharma services. Our decades of experience and emphasis on our clients' specialized needs being our priority keeps customers coming back year after year. If you would like to join a dedicated team and contribute to a sterling reputation, this might be the position for you.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Shipping/receiving inventory, picking and packing of orders in a warehouse in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Loading and unloading materials to and from designated storage area(s) such as racks, shelves or vehicles.
- Identify, separate, label and/or palletize materials.
- Installing protective packaging, padding, bracing or strapping to items being transported to prevent damage.
- Assisting drivers in loading or off-loading arriving trucks/tractor trailers.
- Verification of incoming and outgoing shipments to ensure that quantity count is accurate, and no damaged merchandise is received or sent out.
- Report damages and/or compliance issues to immediate supervisor.
- Maintain clean work environment.
- Basic computer skills to include email, data entry using Microsoft Excel and/or Word and typing at approximately 30 wpm.
- Ability to read invoices, labels, codes, weights and measurements.
- Ability to work with RF gun/scanner.
- Ability to routinely lift 70 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes.
- Ability to make repetitive movements including but not limited to lifting, bending and/or squatting.
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment subject to moderate deviations in temperature, moving machinery and low levels of noise.
- Ability to operate forklift, pallet stacker, pallet jack a plus but not required.
- One-year experience.
- Basic computer knowledge
- Bi-Lingual a plus.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Must pass drug test and background check.
- Must live within a 20-mile radius of job location.
- High School/GED preferred.
Benefits & Compensation:
- Family Oriented Workplace
- Years of Service – Low Turnover Rate
- 30% of Cavalier employees have served between 11 to 30 years
- 30% of Cavalier employees have served between 6 to 10 years
- Competitive Salary based on experience
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
If you enjoy a fast-paced environment, are a self-starter, have great organizational skills and are a team player - apply for this great position today! We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.