Sales & Business Development Manager
ABOUT GSC LOGISTICS:
GSC Logistics, Inc., a California based company, is an established leader of transportation, deconsolidation, and cross-docking services, engaged in international and intermodal drayage, while offering transportation services of both imported and domestic merchandise, dry and refrigerated, within California and the Pacific Northwest. GSC is committed to providing their customers with the highest quality of service, extending that commitment through employment and retention of the best talent in the logistics industry.
GSC Logistics is seeking a Business & Sales Manager that will be responsible for management and execution of all sales generated through various market segments and channels; have responsibility for covering the region with emphasis in maritime/port activity and rail/intermodal customers, as well as over the road transportation for dry and refrigerated commodities.
Salary: $85k - $110k Commission (DOE)
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Vacation & 401k
The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Successfully target and secure new business that aligns with GSC's business model.
- Establish and maintain customer relationship at multi-tier levels to grow revenue.
- Develop custom tailored sales presentations to prospective customers as required.
- Generate sales activity report on a weekly basis and maintain updates in CRM.
- Utilize research tools provided for data mining and research to generate new customers.
- Establish target, analyze progress and trends, and customize strategies to achieve individual goals.
- Develop and maintain rapport internally with various departments to ensure strong communication to build customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Lead and participate in the customer on-boarding process, coordinating with all departments to implement services for a new client.
- Plan and conduct customer entertainment appropriately as required based on overall volume, revenue potential and profitability.
- Preferably 5 years managing sales and account acquisition in the drayage, NVOCC, freight forwarding or maritime industry segment.
- Possess excellent knowledge of key supply chain process and is experienced in consultative and flexible sales approach for clients of all sizes and various needs.
- Demonstrate experience of success in meeting goals composed of revenue, customer base and profit growth in prior assignments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organization skills and entrepreneurial mentality.
- Understand the industrial makeup and business activity within the geographic area; the competition and their locations, scope of service, pricing, strengths and weaknesses.
- Experienced with use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Possess a valid driver's license and insurance.
- Available to work evenings, weekend and travel as necessary
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within a consistently changing environment