Menlo Systems is a high-tech company that develops, manufactures and sells lasers and laser systems for precision applications in research and industry. Menlo Systems is one of the market leaders in the field of optical precision measurements with light and lasers based on the Nobel Prize-winning frequency comb technology. The company is headquartered in Martinsried, near Munich, Germany. Menlo Systems Inc, located in Newton, New Jersey, is the U.S. subsidiary for sales and service in North America.
Purpose of the Position:
- Service engineer handles, supports, and solves technical requests from US customers.
- Is responsible for the customer requests assigned.
- Reports to Sales Manager in Menlo Systems Inc.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Handles, supports, and solves technical requests from US customers
- Supports via email, Skype and phone
- Plans, organizes and implements of on-site visits to selected customers for technical support and service within the US
- Does in-house technical service and repairs for system that come back to the US factory
- Coordinates activities with other service team members as well as with sales team
- Strengthens existing customer accounts and network by providing excellent support in academia and industry. Leading to new contacts and sales opportunities.
- Working closely with product management and engineering team to interpret customer requirements and to offer customized technical solutions
- Communicates and reports on a regular basis to quality management in German headquarter
- Travel expectation approx. 50%
In addition to the essential functions and duties listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
- The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
- Frequent business trips within the US are an essential part of the job.
- No physical demands required to perform duties beyond the travel.
- Preferable up to 2-5 years of technical support experience in relevant industries such as Lasers, Optical Fiber, Semiconductor, Life Science Imaging System, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree, MS or PhD preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated experience in technical support
- Strong willingness to get "hands dirty" in entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated experience in a customer centric environment
- Strong decision making skills
Direct Reports: This position is directly responsible for connecting to the customers and for keeping and growing the good relationships and network.
Menlo Systems Inc values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Apply Online Below