Inventory Control Coordinator
Responsible for maintaining accurate records of all inventories. This includes but is not limited to maintaining product integrity through proper rotation of products, damage control, mock stock recoveries, and cycle counting. Accounts for all defective or damaged products and follows with appropriate corrective action. Manages all cycle count processes.
- Request cycle counts from all warehouse facilities for various reasons, (phase out, discrepancies, daily counts). Report damages and other discrepancies and monitor cycle count performance in all facilities, ensuring that location count and accuracy targets are attained.
- Complete and issue all necessary records and reports including filing invoices and maintaining customer records in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Maintain the ERS log for the Armada Service Center. Make all necessary system corrections and complete claims within the limits set by the OSD policies. Communicate results to the proper parties, (customer service or customer directly).
- Review OFR report in order to confirm warehouse issues, requesting assistance from the Inventory Control Specialist or 3PL inventory manager where required. (i.e. damages, miss-shipments, admin errors, etc.).
- Month End Closing – Monitor shipments and receipts to ensure they are completely processed. Review inventory adjustments for accuracy. Run inventory adjustments for monthly IA reporting. Trouble-shoot any issues that arise. Report to Finance and IT that transaction activity is complete for the month.
- Research transfer discrepancies and correct as necessary. Research and report to appropriate individuals on the history of each discrepancy.
- Complete inventory adjustments for various reasons, (damages, discrepancies, samples, etc).
- Monitor items that are about to expire and work with purchasing agents to adjust product accordingly.
- Maintain and update inventory records. Create efficient and accurate inventory management procedures. Reconcile inventories to book records and make adjustments when necessary.
- Coordinate the annual physical inventory procedures. Make recommendations to the Division Manager or Director of Warehousing regarding opportunities to improve inventory management.
- Maintain tight security over the inventory. Ensure that only authorized personnel have access to inventory records for each facility.
- Analyze data to identify discrepancies within the system. Adjust records when there are discrepancies and take steps to correct and prevent discrepancies.
- Research and make necessary adjustments or communicate with other internal clients to clear open inbound PO's, in-sync, integrator or other EDI or system issues and clear accounts receivable transaction errors.
- Develop a program to audit returns and move returned product to its proper location. When necessary, process proper documentation to generate a prompt credit transaction. Take appropriate action on product that is not in saleable condition.
- Build relationships with key customer contacts to ensure that customer requirements are met.
- Assist with the training of managers, administrative staff, warehouse operators, and any new users on the WMS system
- Comply with all aspects of the SQF regulations and report any food safety concerns to the Division Manager or the SQF Practitioner.
- Direct warehouse employees to comply with all food safety, DQMP and SQF requirements as well as direct all warehouse employees to follow all food safety, environmental and safety(OSHA) laws and regulations.
- 1-2 years of inventory management experience, preferably in a warehousing environment
- Experience in high-volume distribution environment preferred.
- Experience working JD Edwards and Warehouse Management systems (Red Prairie) preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with JD Edwards and Red Prairie preferred
- Analytical and problem solving ability
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written) with internal/external clients
Education and Experience Requirement
- Preferred Associates Degree in Logistics, Operations or Business or 3-5 years of related experience.
- Excellent communication skills WMS/LMS
- Experience with Red Prairie
- Excellent analytical skills
- Knowledge of warehouse operations & technology
- Literate in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of inventory management practices
- Great attention to detail
Language and Technical Skills requirement
- Excellent Written & Oral Communication Skills
- Self Directed and Able to Work in Dynamic & Evolving Environment
- Ability to Work Effectively in Cross Functional Teams
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Knowledge of a WMS, specifically Red Prairie, is a plus
- Knowledge of a TMS, specifically Mercury Gate, is a plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 75% of the work is performed on the warehouse floor in a multi-temperature environment, 25% in an office environment.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.