- First point of contact for discrepancies.
- Responsible for fully documenting all claim requests in appropriate systems. This includes gathering pictures, BOL's, delivery receipts, etc.
- Investigates claims through various avenues, both internal and external, for resolution to the claim. Elevate claim to Manager when appropriate.
- Record appropriate adjustments in JDE for claim completion (inventory adjustments, credits/debits to customers and vendors).
- Identify and report to manager all non-compliant occurrences.
- Identify disputed claims and forward to appropriate parties for resolution.
- Develop productive working relationships with internal/external customers.
- Support development and administration of relevant KPI metrics/reports, including tracking and trending of claim issues, root cause identification and corrective action activity.
- Ensure compliance of the Armada Claim Policies for both internal and external customers.
- Complete tasks associated with the monthly closing in accordance with timelines established by ASCS Shared Services.
- Adhere to finance policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Support the annual year-end audit process with external accountants.
- Assistance with additional assignments and projects as needed.
Education and Experience Requirement
- Associates Degree or relevant work experience.
- 1-2 years Customer Service experience and/or 1-2 years accounting experience.
- Strong relationship management and communication skills.
- BS/BA Degree in business, logistics, or supply chain related discipline
- Previous experience, preferable in transportation/warehousing industry, in a role dealing with OS&D and/or Freight claims.
- Accounts Receivable experience.
- Inventory Accounting experience.
Language and Technical Skills requirement
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel required; Access, JDE ERP preferred.
- Process oriented with the ability to document and articulate the structure of complex system.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated experiences of individual and team-based problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills, including listening, written, oral, and demonstrated group presentation.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is usually performed in an office environment with normal noise levels. Involves prolonged sitting, and computer/phone usage.