Celebrating A Century of Hogan Tradition:
From one truck and one man in 1918 to the full-service, multi-faceted transportation company we are today, we celebrate 100 years of Hogan success. And we owe that to a long family tradition of unparalleled, personalized service, utilizing first-class equipment and advanced technology. Our family is proud to continue our grandfather Joseph Hogan's legacy and his commitment to customer and driver satisfaction.
Hogan Dedicated Services has a premier Fleet Manager position open in the Laurel, MD area. The position is based on site at one of our largest customers who is also one of the largest in the automotive industry. Hogan has been serving the Transportation Industry since 1918 offering our customers Best in Class Service.
- Three plus years in the transportation industry in operations larger than 60 drivers preferably in the Auto Hauling industry
- College degree preferred
- Highly motivated with exceptional customer service skills
- Prior Automotive Hauling experienced preferred
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to operate in a dynamic fast paced ever changing environment with minimal supervision
- Must have a proactive approach to problem resolution, critical thinking, and problem solving in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Transportation background with experience in a multi-stop car hauling environment
- Safety driven with expertise in HOS, DOT regulations, and driver welfare.
- Familiar with AS-400, QHOS, and Microsoft office
- Ability to prioritize driver needs with customer demands.
- Most have good verbal and electronic communication skills, with the ability to articulate with precision the desired message
- Manage a group of 30 plus auto hiking drivers ensuring superior customer service from all spectrums.
- Assist in training and maintaining a safety focused group of Auto hiking drivers.
- Coordinate and monitor all deliveries for on-time performance.
- Manually and electronically route all shipments to optimize efficiencies while prioritizing service with customer demands
- Handle incoming phone calls from drivers and customers to mitigate issues and resolve problems.
- Manage and prioritize critical shipments to ensure customer service, while maintaining on-time performance, and minimizing expense.
- Manage driver's hours to minimizing overtime while still maintaining established customer service and delivery metrics.
- Handle all manpower and equipment needs to ensure adequate coverage while prioritizing service and minimizing cost.
- Communicate with mechanics and local shop personnel to coordinate equipment repairs and miscellaneous service
- Communicate in a professional and helpful manner with customers.
- Promote safety with drivers by your actions and communications.
- Assist account manager with any necessary tasks
- Ensure all DOT requirements are met regarding safety including log audits, reviewing 70-hour rule, random, equipment inspections etc. are being followed by your team.
Apply Online Below