Customer Service & Export Documentation Specialist
Education and Experience: College preferred, but not required. 6 month to 1 year experience
Company Information :
SM Line Corporation, the newest container shipping company, focuses on premium express service through premier customer service. SM Line is a member of SM Group in Korea. Current SM employees are a group of experienced ocean shipping specialists. We are ready to launch the US branch and are looking for enthusiastic, passionate, dedicated, knowledgeable individuals to grow with.
At SM Line Corporation, we're working to grow fast. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, passionate and driven people who can make history together.
SM Line offers competitive salary and a benefit package which includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401(k) with Company matching.
These position are responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Obtain necessary documents from customers such as Shipping Instructions, VGM, AES numbers, etc. and enter into the system to meet required deadlines
- SI(Shipping Instruction) data entry & complete accurate rate per bill of lading as per SC(Service Contract) in most accurate & efficient manner
- Prepare and submit customs manifest for U.S. customs and 24 hour Advance Manifests for required countries
- Issue and released Bills of Lading according to customer requirements
- Coordinate release of import container in regards to Arrival Notice, US Customs(Exam, Hold requirement)
- Maintain courteous, prompt, efficient inter-office communication and w/ customer relation
- Coordinate with oversea offices and actively pursue customer for Long-stay, Unclaimed shipment settlement
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Logistics, Transportation, Business or Distribution
- Candidates must be willing to work with a startup mindset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required
- Must be able to analyze and comprehend service contracts
- Attention to detail
- Willing to work without supervision
- Makes good decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment
- Must be able to handle ambiguity and willing to learn
- Ability to multi-task
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Teamwork – showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration: Willing to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty
- Motivation - Bringing enthusiasm and passion
- Respect – extending dignity and respect to all people
- Integrity – fostering trust and a positive work environment
- Adaptability – Willing to change and willing to be flexible
- Customer Focus – achieving Company, department, and personal goals through a strong customer focus
SM Line Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Apply Online Below