Air Export Agent – Bio Pharma Services
Cavalier Logistics, a premier provider of global transportation, logistics and warehousing services for 30+ years, is seeking one Senior and one Junior Air Export Agent to join our Bio Pharma Services team in our Carson, California office. The Senior position will have a supervisory roll. Industry experience is required for the Senior position and preferred for the Junior position – although we are willing to train the right person. Compensation will depend upon experience.
Cavalier provides exceptional service in the areas of General cargo, Government services, and Biopharma services. Our decades of experience and emphasis on our clients' specialized needs being our priority keeps customers coming back year after year. If you would like to join a dedicated team and contribute to a sterling reputation, this might be the position for you.
Review all documentation and forms, maintain communication with clients, and review their export process on a regular basis. Determine routings of Biopharma services and international freight.
- To process and execute the transportation documents for export cargo consignments while both exceeding the Client's service requests and ensuring maximum profitability for the company.
- Submitting shipment pre-advices and export documents to overseas agents
- Verifying documentation and in compliance with US and foreign government regulations, export declarations, certificates of origin and in related documents
- Monitoring departures, shipments in transit, arrivals, providing Proof of Delivery to customers
- Provide excellent and timely customer service by proactively informing clients of the status of their shipments and tasks that require special handling or expediting
- Maintain client profile and databases, excellent service to internal and external customers
- Submitting AES Details for all Shipments
- Maintain warehouse activities
- Negotiate rates with carriers and achieve consistent profit
- Provide quotes to customers and international agents
- Develop and maintain excellent service to internal and external customers
- Biopharma services SOP and temperature control on special freight
- Cross training in Domestic services
- Recognize File Details
- Set up the File
- Rate the File (Including Costs)
- Complete the Export Paperwork
- Breakdown and Distribute Documents
- Labels, AES. Pre-alert consignee
- Final file checklist
Job duties specific to the Senior Export Agent:
- Work closely, assist and support Branch Manager
- Senior Agent will train, coordinate and support staff in the completion of his/her work tasks
- Responsible for billing for export shipments
Desired Skills/Experience :
- Dangerous Goods Acceptance Training
- Air Cargo Security Training
- TSA Security Escort Training
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Benefits & Compensation:
- Family Oriented Workplace
- Years of Service – Low Turnover Rate
- 30% of Cavalier employees have served between 11 to 30 years
- 30% of Cavalier employees have served between 6 to 10 years
- Competitive Salary based on experience
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Apply Online Below
If you enjoy a fast-paced environment, are a self-starter, have great organizational skills and are a team player - apply for this great position today! We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.